InTheGarden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Coy

Almond horn cookies Empty Almond horn cookies

Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:06 am
These cookies are a traditional German cookie with the consistency of a macaroon.
Mix together:
7oz almond paste (I use Odense), 1/2 cup almond flour (you can buy it or grind almonds in a coffee grinder), 1/3 cup sugar, 1 large egg white and a pinch of salt.
Roll dough into a 12” rope then cut into 1” pieces. Roll each piece in sliced almonds until covered in almonds and about 3-4” long. Shape into a horseshoe.
Place on parchment papered cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree preheated oven for no longer than 12-14 minutes. After baking, Cool completely.

Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 tsp canola or coconut oil in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Once melted, dip ends of each cookie in chocolate then let cool.
Notes: Cooking longer than 14 minutes will make the cookies crunchy if you prefer them that way. If you prefer the cookies to be more golden brown, mix egg yolk with a little water and brush tops of cookies about 5 minutes before they are done.

Dot likes this post

Coy

Almond horn cookies Empty Sour dough bread recipe

Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:16 am
This sour dough recipe uses yogurt rather than sour dough starter to create the sour flavor.

Mix 3 cups bread flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/4 tsp instant, bread or quick yeast, 1 1/2 cups plain, active culture yogurt, 1 egg. The egg isn’t necessary, but I like it because it makes the bread less crumbly. Also, yogurts can vary in consistency, so if the dough is too wet, add a teaspoon of flour at a time until it feels right.

Knead dough until it becomes elastic and stretchy. Let rise until it doubles in size. The longer you allow the dough to rise, the more sour the dough will be. Shape and proof the dough. Bake at 350 until top is golden brown. You can bake in loaf pan or form into a baguette shape and bake on parchment paper covered cookie sheet.

The yogurt must be active culture. I make my own, so I don’t know which brands are active.

Dot likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum